Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Sucker for a Suspense Novel

So, I am really excited that I have gotten back into reading lately. As a girl, my nose was
always in a book. I was a voracious reader. The past decade or so, reading for pleasure was a rare event. This year, I began fitting it in again and am so happy I did. One thing to know about me is that I love all crime dramas. My husband and I watch nearly every show that is on TV. I also enjoy reading fiction crime novels. In another life, I could have been a PIO at a police station or for the FBI.

Anyhow, the latest book I have been reading is Trapped, by Irene Hannon. Set in present day St. Louis, a young and naive runaway leaves her step sister's home and her "unfair" rules, only to run into an obsessive compulsive psychopath disguised as pre-school director and homeless shelter volunteer, Mark Hamilton.


As Mark makes his plans for young Darcy, hoping he has finally found a girl he could save, Darcy's worried sister Laura engages the smart and handsome P.I. James Devlin. Laura and "Dev" embark on a quest to find the 16-year old before its too late. Along the way, they just might find something else worth saving.

Trapped is a fast-paced, romantic suspense novel that kept me turning the pages long past my bedtime. I'd like to read more about Laura and James Devlin for sure. Hannon has written more than forty novels. This was my first one to enjoy, but I am sure I will be reading more in the near future.

Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary copy for an honest review. Opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment