Saturday, October 5, 2013

Superwoman Hosts a Birthday Party

Day 5 of 31 days: Superwoman Hosts a Birthday Party

So my oldest recently turned 12 and we had a slumber party for her tonight. So far, it has turned out pretty good. But it has been a very full day!

A. with Honey, my parent's dog, who we are pet sitting.
I woke with my little girl at 6 a.m. After coffee, I did a workout and a load of laundry, then we headed to GiGis Playhouse-- A Center for children with Down syndrome and their families. Joey has literacy tutoring where he is learning words and letters. Carlie loves to play at GiGis. We played little people, dress up and drawing today. It was good one-on-one time.

By the time we got home, it was nearly lunchtime and I had a lot of cleaning to do. I did weekly housework and, while everyone napped, I baked the mustache birthday cake (which could have also looked like a strapless bikini depending on how you look at it). 

By 5:00, the girls arrived for the party. We had pizza, cake and presents. It is a One Direction wonderland here. The girls played musical whipped cream game and a balloon popping game and are being fairly low key in Annie's room with plans for movies, popcorn and pampering Satin Hand treatments to come!

My C. wants to be with the big girls and gave me a hard time with going to bed. She was afraid the doughnuts would be gone by morning. 

All in all, this has been a  good day. We got a lot done and had some quality time. Let's hope it continues and I get some rest tonight cause tomorrow Superwoman does a Daisy Troop meeting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment