Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful

In June, my company decided to go virtual and thus a whole new world was opened up to me. Having been a commuter making a 2.5 hour voyage round trip each day, I now have a chunk of precious time back at my disposal. And I am thankful for every minute.

I am thankful I don't have to battle traffic every day and for the savings in gas. I am thankful for more time to concentrate on my work, instead of attending meeting after meeting and going down rabbit trail after rabbit trail (not that I don't create of few of those on my own). I am thankful I can work in my leggings and slippers if I so choose. I am thankful that as soon as my work day is done, my family time begins. I am thankful I can send my oldest off to school and be there to greet her when her bus returns. I am thankful that I can choose to bring my baby to daycare later if she seems extra tired and I want to ensure a good nap. I am especially thankful for the days when my baby is home with me and for the special moments we share as I feed her or play with her or rock her off to sleep.

Sure there are things I miss such as the alone time on the commute that enables me to transition between work and home and the social aspects of working in an office environment. But what I have gained is worth infinitely more! I have gained a chunk of time, a chunk of life  and for that I will be eternally grateful.

What would you do if you were suddenly given a couple more hours of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment