Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lo Carb Easy Weeknight Meal

I'm trying all sorts of new low carb recipes to work into our weekly menu. I need variety and something that tastes good. There is only so much chicken breast a gal can eat.  Last week I tried a Meatza and got rave reviews.

Here is how you make a Meatza.

Ground beef
Onions 
Green peppers
Pizza sauce
Your choice of cheese
Basil
Oregano
Garlic powder
Pepperoni

I use a skillet so I can go from stovetop to oven.
Pre- heat the oven to 400 degrees.

First, cook your ground beef in the skillet and drain the fat.
Add onion and green peppers (I used those frozen, chopped packs)
Add in basil, oregano and garlic powder to taste
Once cooked, take off heat and add a layer of pizza sauce.

Sprinkle with cheese and the layer pepperoni on top.
Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
Slice and serve.





a mom blog community!

No comments:

Post a Comment