Thursday, November 21, 2013

Craft a Healthy Life: Fitness DVD Review - Shazzy Fitness

You all may know that I am struggling to get my groove back, overcome dieting addiction, and practice a whole-living lifestyle so I can be around to harvest a memorable life with my family. In part of sharing my journey to harvest a healthy life, I thought I'd review some of the workouts, foods, recipes, that I have been trying out. So here is my first Harvest a Healthy Life review:


SHAZZY FITNESS

THE WORKOUT:  Shazzy Fitness: In the Beginning and Shazzy Fitness: A Time to Dance are innovative dance fitness DVDs that fuse modern dance with faith-based contemporary music, including Gospel Hip-Hop & Christian Rock.

FEATURING: Atlanta-area choreographers Apollo Levine (urban dance instructor, actor, former captain of the Charlotte Bobcats dance team), Vera Musgrove (A-town Dancers, Atlanta Hawks) and Leslie Alison (A-town Dancers, Atlanta Hawks and backup dancer for MC Hammer) and looked to the music of gospel hip-hop music artists’ Da’ T.R.U.T.H. , Dwight “Beezy” Brown, E.Dot and Jai who have mastered integrating the musical styles of hip-hop with faith-based lyrical content.


WHO CAN DO THIS:  These two DVDs (sold separately for $19.99 or in a bundle for $29.99)
Anyone looking for a fresh, fun workout that will make you sweat and feel good inside too. Family-friendly and people of all ages and fitness levels can benefit.

THE BREAKDOWN: In the Beginning has a foundation in aerobic dance with hip hop moves, uplifting lyrics and a very encouraging instructor who reminds you to smile without being cheesy. A Time to Dance is led by master instructor Apollo Levine and with a strong hip hop dance core is a little more advanced. Each video offers two 10-minute dance segments and one 10-minute dance party where all the moves are put together.

THE SWEAT FACTOR: Both Shazzy videos had me glistening and my heart pumping. I felt I got a solid cardio workout, as well as an overall mood boost. When I wanted to move more, I just re-played one of the 10-minute segments so I could keep dancing. 

BUT IS IT FUNShazzy Fitness workouts are totally fun! As a life-long dancer, I am in my element with Shazzy. Even if you don't consider yourself a dancer, you will not be intimidated the moves are easy to catch on and the environment is completely accepting.


FINAL WORD: The multiple 10-minute, heart-pumping workouts are specifically choreographed to maximize the fat burn, while fitting into even the busiest of schedules like mine. I like that my little ones can dance along and I don't have to be concerned about the clothing the dancers are wearing or the lyrics we are dancing too (unlike the music played at my gym)

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of each DVD in exchange for my honest review.